For mild symptoms of COVID19, home quarantine can be suggested by doctors. In this time, your doctor will provide you with treatment according to your symptoms and help you get better fast.
Here, we will talk about a few other aspects that will enhance your speedy recovery:
** The tips below are suggested by Dr. Sushila Kataria, Senior Director, Internal Medicine, Medanta Gurugram. As each individual patient’s health condition can vary for different reasons, we suggest you consult with a doctor first if you have been diagnosed with COVID before following these tips. **
1. Get up on time.
2. Shower once or twice a day.
3. Change your clothes regularly.
4. Move about 10-15 mins, 2 to 3 times in your room every day.
5. Have 3 to 4 liters of liquids like warm water, juice, milk, tea, coffee, etc.
6. Eat all the nutrients like cereals, protein, and fruits (Citrus fruits, seasonal fruits) everyday.
7. Take turmeric, ginger, giloy, etc every day as your supplements to nutritious food and to boost your immunity.
8. Lay down on your stomach, it will improve your oxygenation whenever its needed. Put some pillow underneath to make yourself comfortable in this position. But don’t do it immediately after taking food.
9. Do deep breathing exercises regularly with a spirometer or blow up a balloon with three good breaths and then breathe out gradually.
10. Gargle with normal salty water or betadine solution 3 times a day after eating your food.
11. Don’t watch too much negative news on TV. Invest your time in resting, reading books, listening to good music, and connecting with friends via calls or video chats.
12. Keep a pulse oximeter to measure your pulse and oxygen rate in your blood, a thermometer, and a blood pressure meter (if available) near you to observe your vitals.