Tips on Keeping Productive Friendships And Relationships
by Islamic Lifestyle
Published: a year ago
|Updated: a year ago
We need companions or friends to survive on earth. A good society is built through mutual cooperation and relationships. We can’t do most of our good or productive work without help from others. Allah says in Quran :
وَتَعَاوَنُوا عَلَى الْبِرِّ وَالتَّقْوَىٰ
Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety) -Surah Maidah : vers : 2
So we should keep good friendships and utilize them to do good and productive work, helping one another in birr and taqwa.
Let’s know some Tips on Keeping Productive Friendships And Relationships:
1. Be honest and truthful with your friends. Avoid lying and hypocrisy.
2. Appreciate the positive qualities of your friends as well as accept their weaknesses. Don't force them to change, don't over criticize them. Forgive their mistakes.
3. Maintain regular contact with them. Be informed about developments in their life, good or bad news.
4. Help them in times of danger according to your ability. Be grateful for their help.
5. Be Reliable about their secrets and privacy. Don’t say in public what they talk about with just you in privat.
6. Consult with them before making important decisions or initiatives. Give them good and productive advice.
7. Don't miss out on special events in their lives. Be a companion of happiness and sorrow.
8. Resolve conflicts or disputes with friends wisely. Don't let outsiders sniff about your internal matters.