Among other symptoms of Covid-19, feeling breathlessness, shortness of breath and restlessness are common. Sometimes oxygen levels go below the saturation point for infected people.
So it is highly essential to enhance our breathing capacity and maintain it. Here we will discuss some tips to enhance your oxygen levels naturally.
** Dr. Hansaji Yogendra shares a few natural ways to enhance the oxygen level in your system. But as each individual’s health condition can vary for different reasons, we suggest you consult with a doctor first if you have been diagnosed with COVID before following these tips. **
1. Do proning exercise for 30 mins to 2 hour everyday.
2. Try to inhale oxygen slowly in your lung at full capacity and then exhale in the same way by taking equal time. Do it for 30 rounds.
3. Practice clavicular breathing, where you have to bring your arms at your shoulder level, inhale oxygen and bring your chest upward. Then breathe out to relax your chest and shoulders. Do this exercise as per your limit.
4. Practice Intercostal breathing by putting both hands on the lower part of your ribs. Now inhale and expand your ribs from the side. Then breathe out and contract your ribs from the side. Do this exercise as per your limit.
5. Try diaphragmatic breathing by lying down on your back with legs closer to your upper body. Now inhale by pushing your abdomen a little upward then exhale by pushing your abdomen down. Do it for 30 rounds.
6. Try to inhale your breath and hold it for 6 seconds and then exhale as per your capacity every day.
7. Do wall stretch exercise by putting your hands straight on the wall at your chest level and push your body closer to the wall to expand your chest. Do this exercise as per your limit.
8. To remove toxins from your respiratory system try to sit quietly and start inhaling strongly through your nostril and exhale in the same way fast. After 30 rounds take a deep breath and exhale.
9. Eat more iron-rich foods like spinach and green leafy vegetables, beans, legumes, beet, raisins, apricots, etc. It will improve your hemoglobin level every day.
10. Drink sufficient amount of water whenever you feel thirsty.